Eric Bacon, P.E.
Eric is a longtime Tahoe-Truckee local who has lived in the area since the age of two. He grew up immersed in the construction industry, working at an early age with his father, who is a licensed contractor and licensed surveyor. Strong ties to the community kept him close during his college years; he attended the University of Nevada, Reno for his engineering degree and worked his way through college by framing houses, surveying, and giving cross-country ski lessons. Eric began working as an engineer for Shelton & Associates in 2000, and bought the firm in 2007.
- Owner and Principal of Shelton & Bacon, successor firm to Shelton & Associates, a design and engineering firm in Truckee.
- B.S. Civil Engineering, University of Nevada, Reno
- Licensed Civil Engineer in California, Lic. C64936
- Licensed Civil Engineer in Nevada, Lic. C16860
- Licensed Nevada Residential Designer, Lic. 298-P
- Licensed California Contractor, Lic. B 942610
- Leed Accredited Professional
- Member of:
- Sierra Green Building Association
- Tahoe Truckee Engineers Association
- Truckee Optimist Club
- Over eleven years experience with with general civil engineering, structural analysis, design, energy analysis, agency coordination, hydrology, improvement plans, and surveying.
- Over five years combined experience with residential framing, land surveying, and recorded document research.
- past Vice President and past Treasurer of Tahoe Truckee Engineer’s Association
Very well grounded with actual construction experience. Personally constructed 2 custom homes from the ground up in Truckee, and assisted with the ground up construction of 5 others in the area.